27 June - 8 July 2016
The 13th Edition of the NCIT Summer School will take place between June 27th and July 8th 2016, at the University Politehnica of Bucharest. Students will work on projects on the High Performance Scientific Computing track. The Summer School will begin with two weeks of intensive training (27.06 - 8.07), bootcamps and invited talks during which students will work individually or in teams.
The selection is done based on submitted CVs & letter of intent. The internships are available (in part) on http://stagiipebune.ro. Please use this platform to submit our CV & letter of intent.
Computer Science & Engineering Department
Faculty of Automatic Control and Computers
University Politehnica of Bucharest
Room EF108, First Floor, EF Wing.
Room ED202, Second Floor, ED Wing.
Daily program: 10AM-5PM
Lunch Break: 1-2PM
The High Performance Scientific Computing track will mainly focus on the following topics:
1. Automatic Differentiation of Java Programs - ADiJaC
2. Scientific Applications in Elementary Physics in conjunction with the ELI-NP Project
3. Scientific Applications in Seismology
4. Computer Vision - Occlusion detection, Boundary detection, Video interpretation/adnotation
5. Scientific Applications in Astrophysics
6. Numerical Methods in HPC
7. Administration and performance tuning in large-scale Computing Clusters
The Embedded Systems track will focus on the following topics:
1. Pathfinding system for an autonomous robot
2. Control system of an autonomous robot
3. Wireless sensor network for environment monitoring
PhD. Nicolae Tapus - Professor
PhD. Emil Slusanschi - Professor
PhD. Marius Leordeanu - Associate Professor
PhD. George Popescu - Lecturer
PhD. Voichita Iancu - Lecturer
MSc. Mihai Carabas - Assistant Professor
MSc. Silvia Stegaru - Assistant Professor
MSc. Alexandru Herisanu - Assistant Professor
MSc. Razvan Dobre - Assistant Professor
MSc. Dan Dragomir - Assistant Professor